HIGH THREAT RESPONSE (HTR)
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge, physical skills and mindset on how to respond to violent encounters, including active shooter situations, when armed. Not only must you be prepared to engage a deadly force threat against yourself or a third party, a secondary threat to the concealed carry holder, that of responding uniformed officers to the scene, must be properly and safely addressed. A key learning objective for this course is to address the increase of concealed carry holder shootings and blue on blue where uniformed law enforcement officers shoot concealed carry holders or off duty officers who have intervened in a situation. Concepts and principals of off-duty/plain clothes response options are discussed to mitigate this tragedy from occurring.
This fast-paced course also includes instruction on various concealment techniques, weapon and holster selection as well as additional equipment considerations. Dynamic courses of fire are conducted engaging threats in a variety of real world drills.
- Good attitude, open mind, pen and paper, eye and ear protection, hydration system, and appropriate clothing for range work. Some students have found this course to be physically challenging and students attending should be able walk moderate distances, jog, kneel, and lift moderate weight.
- Handgun with at least 3 magazines or speed loaders chambered in .380, .38, .357, .40, .45 or .9mm. If your primary off-duty or concealed weapon is a small-frame handgun, students are encouraged to bring a mid to large frame handgun and concealment holster to evaluate and compare.
- A strong side or appendix concealment holster made for the student’s handgun configured so that the weapon can be re-holstered (does not collapse when the weapon is drawn) with one hand.
- At least two shirts to cover and conceal handgun. One should be a button-down type shirt or jacket and one should be a t-shirt or polo-style shirt.
- 400 rounds of ammunition for weapon
If you don't see a date please contact us and we can schedule a class for you.