Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T)
The Fastest, Safest, Most Effective Prehospital Field Tourniquet
The Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T®) Generation 7When we began work on the C-A-T® GEN 7 we considered every element that defines a tourniquet designed for combat use. We challenged ourselves to find the best, most forward-looking way possible to enhance performance and maximize application success. But we didn’t do this alone. Leveraging input from after action reviews, researchers, material scientists and you, the end-user, we were able to create the most advanced C-A-T® to date. Every component of the C-A-T® GEN 7 is optimized for performance and reliability.
The C-A-T® GEN 7 has a single routing buckle system that (1) allows for extremely fast application and effective slack removal (2) Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications.
The patented C-A-T® is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Enhanced windlass strap changed to tactical gray and sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- Reinforced stabilization plate with beveled contact bar
- Signature red elliptical tip (Red Tip Technology®) provides visual cue during application
- Patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Awarded as one of the “Top 10 Greatest Inventions” by the U.S. Army
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective
- Protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253
- Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
- Open Length: 37.5 in.
- Weight: 2.7 oz